I've been doing an intensive research around public procurement (selling to public entities like cities, states, federal, through bids and contracts) in the last few months. My conclusion is that any business should seriously consider selling to these entities, and here are some of the reasons.
- They buy anything. Repeatedly and in huge quantities.
- It's not that hard! You'll have to learn and adjust but it really is doable.
- There is room for more businesses in this arena, especially ones who are good at what they do. Too many businesses are afraid to do this.
- Many buyers care about quality and good service, and know that they get neither. They are looking for more players.
- Huge benefits and advantages for small businesses.
- Numerous businesses huge success is due largely to making this move (I personally spoke with dozens of them).
- You are actually doing a good thing. For your potential customers, and the society as a whole.
Curious to hear what people here think, and why you haven't done this with your business.
Feel free to message or email me (email@example.com) for (free – duh) advice. Erez